Job Opportunity -TRAINEE ASSOCIATE GENETIC COUNSELLOR
- Multi sites – Clayton and Richmond
- Permanent part-time (3 days per week)
- Extensive on the job training
About the Company:
Since the 1970s Monash IVF Group has been a driving force in the development of assisted reproductive technologies both in Australia and overseas.
Our infertility treatments and services are delivered in a professional and caring environment by a team of specialists, scientists, fertility nurses and counsellors who are all leaders in their fields.
With over 40 years experience, over 35,000 babies and pregnancy rates among the best in the world, we give patients the best chance of realising their dream of having a family.
About the role:
This position exists to provide face-to-face and telephone genetic counselling services to patients.
In this role you will:
- Provide patients with exceptional care and support
- Counsel patients undertaking Pre-implantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) and Pre-implantation Genetic Screening (PGS)
- Educate and inform patients about the PGD/PGS process
- Arrange appointments and tests
- Disclose patient results
- Liaise with internal and external specialists and laboratories
- Maintain exceptional documentation and communication within the genetic counselling team
And ideally have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a health science or related
- Post Graduate qualification in genetic counselling (essential)
- HGSA (Human Genetics Society of Australia) / ASGC (Australasian Society of Genetic Counsellors) Registration
- Knowledge and understanding of the genetic counselling role including medical, genetic and psychosocial aspects
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- A sound understanding of confidentiality, privacy and ethics
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- A current drivers licence
Monash IVF Group employees enjoy benefits not generally available in other workplaces including competitive salary and compensation, flexible work arrangements, paid parental leave and career development opportunities.
How to apply:
Apply now by forwarding your covering letter, detailing your availability and why this is the right job for you together with a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Sunday 26 March 2017
Invitation – Rare Disease Day
Date: Thursday, 2 March, 2017
Time: 5:00pm – 7:00pm
Location: Sanofi Australia, Building D, 12-24 Talavera Road, Macquarie Park
Canapés and refreshments will be served
RSVP by Friday 27 February at www.sanofi-events.com.au/228211
For more information please click HERE
Please join us as we recognise Rare Disease Day with an interactive panel and viewing of the Expression of Hope Art Exhibition.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS: Choosing Wisely Australia National Meeting 2017
We are now inviting our members to submit abstracts for the Choosing Wisely Australia National Meeting 2017.
Abstracts can be submitted via http://www.choosingwisely.org.au/members/choosing-wisely-australia-national-meeting-2017
The Choosing Wisely Australia National Meeting 2017 will bring together existing and prospective members, as well as other key stakeholders, to showcase the progress of the initiative in the two years since launch – including measures of success and impact to date. It will be a forum to:
- recognise achievements and share learnings since the inception of Choosing Wisely Australia,
- showcase work with health professionals and consumers that aligns with initiative objectives, and to
- identify future collaboration opportunities between stakeholders.
Ultimately, the National Meeting seeks to empower Choosing Wisely stakeholders to effect a culture shift within the healthcare system – through conversations that support the ongoing effort to eliminate unnecessary tests, treatments and procedures.
The inaugural Choosing Wisely Australia National Meeting 2017 will be held at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on Thursday, 4 May.
Zoe Romero Hilton Communications Coordinator: Choosing Wisely Corporate Affairs & Governance