On behalf of the Local Organising Committee, we invite you to the Human Genetics Society of Australasia (HGSA) Annual Scientific Meeting to be held at the Hotel Grand Chancellor in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia on 6-9 August 2016.
The theme for the conference is “Integrating Genomics into Healthcare”. We plan to explore the ways in which genetics and genomics are changing healthcare including the translation of genomics into diagnostics and targeted therapies as well as the psychosocial impact of genomic medicine on patients, families and communities.
The conference promises to be an exciting meeting with strong scientific content, covering various aspects of human genetics and genomics, including sessions around the following topics:
- Whole exome and genome sequencing for diagnostics and research
- Genetic therapies
- Social and consumer impact
- Clinical phenotyping
The Local Organising Committee and the Scientific Program Committee have assembled a cast of world class scientists and clinicians to explore these themes from both an Australian and International perspective. The program also includes the prestigious HGSA Oration and Sutherland Lecture.
As one of the ‘must see’ places in Hobart, we are excited to hold the Conference Dinner at Mona (Museum of Old and New Art), which includes a ferry transfer along the Derwent River, an exclusive 1 hour viewing of the museum and the best of Tasmanian food and wine.
We look forward to seeing you in Hobart!
Local Organising Committee
LOCAL ORGANISING COMMITTEE
- Kathryn Burdon – Co-Chair; University of Tasmania
- Tiong Tan – Co-Chair; Victorian Clinical Genetics Services
- David Amor – Treasurer; Victorian Clinical Genetics Services
- Alison Trainer – AACG representatives; Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- Ann Frazier – ASIEM representative; Murdoch Children’s Research Institute
- Bronwyn Terrill – Coordinator, Public and Professional Education, Garvan Institute of Medical Research
- James Pitt – ASIEM representative; Murdoch Children’s Research Institute
- Jo Burke – ASGC representative; Tasmanian Clinical Genetics Service
- Karen Dun – ASDG representative; Royal Hobart Hospital
- Laura Forrest – Secretary & ASGC representative; Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- Louisa Dipietro – Advocacy; Genetic Support Network of Victoria
- Gareth Baynam – 2015 LOC Chair; Genetic Services of Western Australia
News Source: http://www.hgsa.org.au/about/40th-annual-scientific-meeting